Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 17

Okay, I know the first thought that you will have when you look at this picture.  "Why didn't he take a picture of a prettier flower, without the curled petals and smashed together like it is?"

Well, it is because I wanted to capture the essence of a flower that grows wild on the edge of a field, in a ditch, pushing it's way above the weeds surrounding it.

I do love perfect gardens filled with neatly trimmed hedges and gorgeous flowers, but I also love the rugged beauty of a wildflower growing along a highway, where it may never be noticed, yet it still is there. 

Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow ; they toil not, neither do they spin : And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. (Matthew 6:28b-29)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover